Amazake, one of the Japanese superfoods. Many people like to drink one on a market, and some people make their amazake at home.
Here is a movie shows how to make Amazake. So now, we are going to show following it.
- rice 150g
- water 270g+300g
- Koji (Malt) 250g
- Wash 150g rice and add 270g water.
- Cook the pan and after boiled, put a lid and simmer over low heat for 15 min.
- Then add 300g of water and stir to cool down to 70℃.
- Add 250g of malt and mix well.
- Prepare a yogurt maker like this.→www.amazon.com
- Put 4 into the yogurt maker.
- Keep it 65℃ for 6 to 8 hours.
Let’s try to make Amazake at home.
To keep the temperature, it’s easy by using a yogurt maker. You can also do with rice cooker too. Malted rice may not be easily available in your country, if you can, you can enjoy Amazake at home!